Publications & Presentations
* Some publications on the AAP website may require creation of a free account.
- Sawyer T, Stavroudis TA, Ades A, Dadiz R, Dammann CEL, Halamek LP, Moussa A, Soghier L, Gupta A, Aliaga S, Umoren R, French H, for the Organization of Neonatal Training Program Directors Task Force on Simulation. Simulation in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine Fellowship Programs. Am J Perinatol 2019;July 15.
- Johnston L, Sawyer T, Nishisaki A, Whitfill T, Ades A, French H, Glass K, Dadiz R, Bruno C, Levit O, Gangadhara S, Scherzer D, Moussa A, Auerbach M, on behalf of the INSPIRE Research Network. Neonatal intubation competency assessment tool: development and validation. Acad Pediatr 2019;19(2):157-64.
- Pasternack J, Dadiz R, McBeth R, Gerard J, Scherzer D, Tiyyagura G, Zaveri P, Chang T, Auerbach M, Kessler D. Qualitative study exploring implementation of a point-of-care competency-based lumbar puncture program across institutions. Acad Pediatr 2016;16:621-9.
- Auerbach M, Fein DM, Chang TP, Gerard J, Zaveri P, Grossman D, Van Ittersum W, Rocker J, Whitfill T, Pusic M, Kessler DO, for the INSPIRE LP Investigators; Trainor J, Lemke D, Pierre L, Ostrom K, Lavoie M, McAninch B, Clingenpeel J, Oriot D, Lee M, Seelbach EB, Pratt A, Dadiz R, Jacobs J, Ching K, White ML, McQueen A, Iyer S, Costello B, Mehta R, Kou M, Scherzer DJ, Tejani C, Melendez ELV, for INSPIRE LP Group Byline. The correlation of workplace simulation-based assessments with interns’ infant lumbar puncture success: a prospective, multicenter, observational study. Simul Healthc 2016;11:126-33.
- DeCaporale L, Dadiz R, Peyre S. Simulation-based learning: from theory to practice. Fam Syst Health 2016;34:159-62.
- Campbell DM, Dadiz R. Simulation in neonatal transport medicine. Sem Perinatol 2016;40:430-7.
- Soghier L, Dadiz R, Robin B, Moussa A, Assaad M. “The baby is OUT!! Neonatal resuscitation for first responders and emergency department providers.” International Meeting of Simulation in Healthcare, San Antonio, TX, 2019.
- Carmen M, Dadiz R. “A program to train pediatric providers in the use of telemedicine during neonatal resuscitation.” International Pediatric Simulation Symposia and Workshops, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2018.
- Dadiz R, Riccio J, Brown K, Emrich P, Robin B, Bender J. "Qualitative study of latent safety threats identified during team simulations before transition into a single-family-room NICU." Pediatric Academic Societies, San Francisco, CA, 2017.
- Jee S, Baldwin C, Dadiz R, Jones MR, Alpert-Gillis. "Development and evaluation of an integrated mental health curriculum for pediatric residents and psychology interns/fellows." Pediatric Academic Societies. San Francisco, CA, 2017.
- Jones MR, Alpert-Gillis, Baldwin C, Dadiz R, Jee S. "Using simulated patient encounters with interprofessional teams to teach integrated behavioral health in a primary care medical home." Pediatric Academic Societies, San Francisco, CA, 2017.
- Volz S, Stevens TP, Dadiz R. "A randomized controlled trial: does guidance using video laryngoscopy improve residents’ success in neonatal intubations?" E-PAS 2016;2620.5. Eastern Society for Pediatric Research Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA; and Pediatric Academic Societies, Baltimore, MD, 2016.
- Bliek K, Wilmarth J, Brown K, Dadiz R, Emrich P, Seaman M, Arnold C. "Use of interdepartmental in situ simulation as part of the PDSA model for patient safety improvements." National Patient Safety Foundation Annual Patient Safety Congress, Orlando, FL, 2014.
- Pasternack JR, Dadiz R, McBeth R, Gerard J, Scherzer D, Tiyyagura G, Zaveri P, Chang T, Auerbach M, Kessler D. "Working through barriers to simulation-based just-in-time training and competency assessments for infant lumbar punctures." International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, San Francisco, CA, 2014.
- Pasternack JR, Dadiz R, McBeth R, Gerard J, Scherzer D, Tiyyagura G, Zaveri P, Chang T, Auerbach M, Kessler D. "Barriers of a competency educational model for infant lumbar punctures." Pediatric Academic Societies, Vancouver, Canada, 2014.
- Nobay F, Thornburg L, Bonham A, Duecy E, Dadiz R, Arnold C, Spillane L. "Multi-modal curriculum to teach rare, life-threatening obstetrical emergencies." Council of Residency Directors Advances in Education Research and Innovations Forum, New Orleans, LA, 2014.
- Emrich P, Brown K, Dadiz R. "Assessment of team ICARE values during simulated and actual deliveries." International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, Orlando, FL, 2013.
- Dadiz R, Schriefer J, Weinschreider J, Arnold C, Pressman EK, Guillet R. "Delivery room communication improves after implementing simulation-based team training." International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, Orlando, FL, 2013.
- Dadiz R, Schriefer J, Weinschreider J, Arnold C, Pressman EK, Guillet R. "Obstetric and pediatric communication during high-risk deliveries improves with simulation-based training." Pediatric Academic Societies, Washington, DC, 2013.
- Soghier L, Dadiz R, Robin B, Moussa A, Pennaforte T, Carmen M, Abdulrahman E. “The baby is COMING!!! Neonatal resuscitation for pediatric emergency medicine healthcare providers.” Pediatric Academic Societies, Baltimore, MD, 2019.
- Dadiz R, Arnold C, Weinschreider J. "Fighting, biting, crying: keeping your debriefing on track." International Meeting of Simulation in Healthcare, San Diego, CA, 2016.
- Dadiz R, Arnold C, Weinschreider J. "The difficult team debriefing: strategies for the facilitator" Pediatric Academic Societies, Baltimore, MD, 2016.
- Bender J, Dadiz R, Robin B. "Simulation to identify latent safety threats in healthcare environments." Pediatric Academic Societies, Baltimore, MD, 2016.
- Denney-Koelsch E, Dadiz R, Spear M. "Teaching the art of difficult family conversations." Pediatric Academic Societies, Baltimore, MD, 2016.
- Bender J, Dadiz R, Robin B. "Enhanced simulation to identify latent safety hazards in the NICU." Vermont Oxford Network Annual Quality Congress, Chicago, IL, 2015.
- Dadiz R, Gellin C, Arnold C, Weinschreider J. "Debriefing: learner-centered feedback for education, patient care and quality improvement." Pediatric Academic Societies, Boston, MA, and Washington, DC, 2012-13.