How to Apply
The University of Rochester selects all applicants at the PGY-1 level through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Our NRMP program number is 1511320C0
We are accepting applications for 2024-2025 academic year, through ERAS only, beginning in September. There are no PGY-1, PGY-2, or PGY-3 openings for the current academic year.
For More Information
For more information, you may contact our program administrator, Joshua Lieberman by:
The deadline for submitting an application is November 30.
We accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) system only.
- Interested applicants should submit a complete application and at least three letters of recommendation to ERAS
- We accept USMLE and/or COMLEX board scores
- We are participating int he program and geographic signaling portion of the application.
International Medical School Graduates
We sponsor J-1 visas only and only if all other criteria are met. Requirements include:
- Your school is approved for listing by the World Health Organization
- You graduated within the past 3 years or have a current clinical appointment
- You possess a valid ECFMG certificate or have a full and unrestricted license. We accept the ECFMG pathways in lieu of Step 2 CS.
- You meet the New York State “12 Week Rule”
For additional details, see Applicant Eligibility Requirements.