How to Apply
The University of Rochester selects all applicants at the PL-1 level through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Our NRMP program number is 1511320C0
There are no PL-1, PL-2, or PL-3 openings for the current academic year. We are accepting applications for 2022-2023 academic year, through ERAS only, beginning September 15.
For More Information
For more information, you may contact our program coordinator, Brooke Steinbronn by:
If you are applying to both the Pediatrics and Medicine/Pediatrics training programs at the University of Rochester, you will need to convey that to both program coordinators so a single, joint interview day can be arranged.
The deadline for submitting an application is December 31.
We accept applications through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) system only.
- Interested applicants should submit a complete application and at least three letters of recommendation to ERAS
- We accept USMLE and/or COMLEX board scores
International Medical School Graduates
We sponsor J-1 visas only and only if all other criteria are met.
- Your school is approved for listing by the World Health Organization
- You graduated within the past 5 years
- You possess a valid ECFMG certificate or have a full and unrestricted license. We accept the ECFMG pathways in lieu of Step 2 CS.
- You meet the New York State “12 Week Rule”
For additional details, see Applicant Eligibility Requirements.