How to Apply
The University of Rochester selects all applicants at the PL-1 level through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Our NRMP program number is 1511320C0
We are accepting applications for 2023-2024 academic year, through ERAS only, beginning in September. There are no PGY-1, PGY-2, or PGY-3 openings for the current academic year.
For More Information
For more information, you may contact our program administrator, Joshua Lieberman by:
The deadline for submitting an application is December 31.
We accept applications through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) system only.
- Interested applicants should submit a complete application and at least three letters of recommendation to ERAS
- We accept USMLE and/or COMLEX board scores
- We will be reviewing data from supplemental ERAS applications to assist our program in finding applicants that align with our program’s values. The supplemental ERAS application is optional and must be completed by September 16, 2022.
International Medical School Graduates
We sponsor J-1 visas only and only if all other criteria are met. Requirements include:
- Your school is approved for listing by the World Health Organization
- You graduated within the past 3 years or have a current clinical appointment
- You possess a valid ECFMG certificate or have a full and unrestricted license. We accept the ECFMG pathways in lieu of Step 2 CS.
- You meet the New York State “12 Week Rule”
For additional details, see Applicant Eligibility Requirements.