Department of Pediatrics
- SCRC Small Grants Program
- Interim Funding and Bridging Funds afford funding for faculty who have submitted to NIH and were close to obtaining funding. The award provides interim funding giving the PI time to make necessary changes to enhance the application and resubmit. Applications are reviewed by an internal committee. Funding is available up to $50,000 of which 50% must be financed by the Department.
- Clausen & Bradford Fellowships offer partial support up to $20,000 each for postdoctoral research.
- Insel Family Fund provides support for faculty, residents or fellows who wish to acquire new methodologies, participate in a unique research experience or bring in outside experts to teach new methodologies.
University of Rochester Clinical & Translational Science Institute (UR CTSI)
- Incubator Program encourages collaboration and team research. Supports two or more individual pilot projects linked by a scientific or clinical theme involving collaborating UR investigators. Up to $125,000 per year for 2 years is available.
- Pilot and Collaborative Clinical & Translational Studies Awards provides research support for preliminary and proof-of-concept studies critical to moving basic laboratory findings into clinical applications. The goal is to prepare a foundation for a competitive R01-style grant application. Between $25,000 to $50,000 of support is available for a one-year project.
- Laboratory Support Awards are available for small studies that generate supporting data for extramural grant proposals, or data needed to complete an initial study. Up to $20,000.
- Voucher System provides financial assistance to researchers to fund expert consultation services in support of project planning and operation. Typically, vouchers support 10 hours of consulting effort.
- Education and Career Development These programs provide training support for pre-doctoral students and career development support for junior faculty.
Technology Development Fund
The Technology Development Fund is devoted to supporting University researchers who wish to further the process of translating their scientific and engineering research into commercial opportunities URMC Pilot Funding Opportunities.