The Gilbert B. Forbes Scholar Program enables outstanding scientists of high national and international prominence in biomedical, translational, clinical, or health services research, to visit the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
During the two day visit, Forbes Visiting Scholars:
- Lecture on their research and related cutting edge issues in their field.
- Participate in Work-in-Progress sessions with selected trainees and their mentors.
- Consult with selected faculty on an individual basis.
- Participate in Roundtable Discussions with senior members of the Department of Pediatrics and Medical Center to discuss research areas for targeted development.
- Meet fellows, residents, and medical students at a trainee reception to discuss the Scholar's career and provide expert career advice.
View a list of our recent Gilbert B. Forbes Scholars
Pediatrics Research Celebration Day
Thursday, October 11, 2018
Paul A. Offit, M.D., the Maurice R. Hilleman Professor of Vaccinology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, will be visiting as this year's Gilbert B. Forbes Scholar. Offit is a pediatrician specializing in infectious diseases and an expert on vaccines, immunology, and virology. He is the co-inventor of the rotavirus vaccine.
- Gilbert B. Forbes Scholar Lecture, Paul A. Offit, M.D.,
Class of '62 Auditorium (G-9425), Medical Center
“How to Communicate Science to the Public—or Die Trying”
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Scientific Poster Session, Flaum Atrium. (View Poster Listing)
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Work-in-Progress, Louise Slaughter Conference Room (1-9555), Medical Center
2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Add to Your Calendar: Outlook Google Calendar iCal
Contact: Rachel Bills, Administrator, (585) 276-4698 or Michelle Bonville, M.B.A. (585) 273-4889.