The Gilbert B. Forbes Scholar Program enables outstanding scientists of high national and international prominence in biomedical, translational, clinical, or health services research, to visit the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
During the two day visit, Forbes Visiting Scholars:
- Lecture on their research and related cutting edge issues in their field.
- Participate in Work-in-Progress sessions with selected trainees and their mentors.
- Consult with selected faculty on an individual basis.
- Participate in Roundtable Discussions with senior members of the Department of Pediatrics and Medical Center to discuss research areas for targeted development.
- Meet fellows, residents, and medical students at a trainee reception to discuss the Scholar's career and provide expert career advice.
View a list of our recent Gilbert B. Forbes Scholars
View photos from our Pediatrics Research Celebration Day
Forbes Visiting Scholar
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Patrick Gallagher, M.D., Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology), of Genetics and of Pathology at Yale Medicine and the Director of the Yale Center for Blood Disorders, will be visiting as the next Gilbert B. Forbes Scholar. Dr. Gallagher’s research focuses on normal and perturbed hematopoiesis. His primary focus is the genetic basis of inherited disorders of hematopoiesis, with a special interest in disorders of the erythrocyte and the molecular control of erythropoiesis.
- Gilbert B. Forbes Scholar Lecture, Patrick Gallagher, M.D.,
Ryan Case Method Room (1-9576), Medical Center
“Genetic Diagnosis of Blood Diseases in the Fetus and Newborn”
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Contact: Rachel Bills, Administrator, at (585) 276-4698 or Michelle Bonville, M.B.A. at (585) 273-4889