How to Apply
The 2020 Online Application is now open.
- Start a new application by completing the Student Information page and clicking Submit. Then, complete the remaining sections of the application:
- Education History
- Recommendations - In this section, each applicant will be asked to provide names for two recommenders. When the Recommendations section is submitted, the recommenders will receive an email request inviting them to complete a recommendation. We encourage applicants to complete this section early to allow enough time for their recommenders to complete and submit their recommendation.
- Short Answer Questions
- Applicants will be asked to upload scans of their transcripts as part of the online application. Unless your institution only mails transcripts, applicants do not need to also mail official transcripts to the program.
- Each applicant must submit all elements of the application by the deadline.
- Applicants can save their application and return to it at a later time. You will be provided with a code and a link.
- The entire application must be received by 5:00 PM (EST) on February 14, 2020. Students are encouraged to apply early.
The students who wish to apply can review the online Directory of Investigators on our website for a list of recent and/or expected mentors. The directory is updated regularly beginning in late fall. Every effort is made to place students with one of the laboratories/programs of their choice.
Each completed application is reviewed by the SCRC Directors and staff. The actual selection is made on the basis of an assessment of the student's completed application, including both faculty recommendations and the student's transcript(s).
- February 14, 2020 (5:00 PM EST)
Receipt Deadline for Complete Online Application (including all sections of the application, two recommendation forms, school transcript and CV).
- April 3, 2020
Notifications are sent out to all applicants about their program status.
If you have any questions about the application, please contact the SCRC.