How to Apply
The 2024 Application is now live! Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Start a new application by accessing the link above, completing the Student Information page, and clicking Submit. Applicants will be sent an email with instructions to return to their application following submission of the Student Information page. Then, complete the remaining sections of the application:
- Education History
- Recommendations - In this section, each applicant will be asked to provide names for two recommenders. When the Recommendations section is submitted, the recommenders will receive an email request inviting them to complete a recommendation. We encourage applicants to complete this section early to allow enough time for their recommenders to complete and submit their recommendation. Alternatively, letters of recommendation can be submitted directly via email
- Short Answer Questions
- Applicants will be asked to upload their official transcripts containing a digital signature as part of the online application. If your institution does not provide digitally signed official transcripts, please have your official transcripts sent via email or physical mail.
- Each applicant must submit all elements of the application by the deadline.
- Applicants will be sent a login link with the last name and e-mail address provided in the first page of their application required to return to their application. Passwords are case-sensitive.
- The entire application must be received by 5:00 PM (EST) on Friday, February 9, 2024. Students are encouraged to apply early.
For the 2024 Summer Program, every effort will be made to place students with a faculty member in the pediatric program/specialty of their choice. (If you wish, applicants can also review the online Directory of Investigators on our website for a list of some of the past mentors in the Program.)
Each completed application is reviewed by the SCRC Directors and staff. The actual selection is made on the basis of an assessment of the student's completed application, including both faculty recommendations and the student's transcript(s).
- February 9, 2024 (5:00 PM EST)
Receipt Deadline for Complete Online Application (including all sections of the application, two recommendation forms, school transcript and CV).
- April 1, 2024
Notifications are sent out to all applicants about their program status.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the SCRC.