Pediatric Physical Therapy
At the Strong Rehabilitation Center, we provide individualized, high quality physical therapy services to our pediatric patients. Therapists with experience in pediatrics treat children from infancy through teenage years with acute injuries and long-term conditions. Therapists, children and parents/caregivers work together in consultation with the child's referring physician to develop an individualized treatment plan for each child.
Our goal is to help each infant, child, adolescent, and teen reach his or her maximum potential.
Pediatric Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment for the following conditions:
- Gross motor and developmental delay*
- Toe walking
- Orthopedic injuries
- Neurological disorders
- Reflex Neurovascular Dystrophy / Amplified Musculoskeletal Pain**
- Post Botox injection therapy
- Pre-surgical assessment
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Pediatric cancer
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
* Treatment for children who do not qualify for school based physical therapy services.
** Comprehensive program with occupational therapy, pediatric rheumatology, and psychology.
At the Strong Rehabilitation Center, our pediatric physical therapists provide care through:
- Evaluation and assessment
- Treatments designed to address the patient’s specific area of need as well as his or her developmental level.
- Individualized exercise programs designed to achieve patient and family specific goals in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Patient and family education.
- Collaboration with pediatrician, or other referral sources and community resources.