Getting Help with Special Needs

Children With Special NeedsWe believe that patients and their families deserve clear and thorough communication about their health care, so we offer a variety of interpretation services for patients. Let us know if:

  • You or your child's English vocabulary is limited
  • You or your child is hearing impaired. (Tools for the hearing impaired are available, including amplified telephone handsets, teletypewriter, and closed caption decoders.)
  • You or your child speaks sign language.
  • You or your child's primary language is not English. (We can accommodate some foreign language needs on site and most most other language needs through our contract with Cyracom, a telephonic interpreter service for more than 140 languages and dialects.)

Contact any of the following to discuss your needs:

  • Your child's admission representative
  • Your child's nurse or doctor
  • Our Social Work Department at (585) 275-2851
  • Our Interpreter Service at (585) 275-4778 (English) or (585) 275-7998 (Spanish).