- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Non-Matriculated Students
- Postdoctoral Affairs
- Center for Professional Development
- BEST Program
- Summer Scholars Program
- PREP Program
- Trainee Handbook
- Introduction to the School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Getting Started
- Policies and Benefits
- Non-Academic Resources
- Academic Resources
- International Trainee Resources
- Activities and Organizations
- Center for Professional Development
- PhD Program Handbooks
Bookstores | Enrollment Verification | Ethics | Graduate Education | HIPAA | Libraries | Lab Safety | News and Events | PhD Program Timelines | Registrar | For Researchers | Student Support | Technology | Thesis/Defense Prep | Tuition & Fees, Stipends
- Barnes and Noble
- Location: 1305 Mt. Hope Avenue
- Phone number: 585.275.4012
Submit the Enrollment Verification Request Form for confirmation of enrollment status or verification of graduate degree(s) earned for employment purposes, insurance, international travel letters, etc.
All graduate students, postdoctoral appointees and PREP trainees are required to complete Responsible Conduct of Research education by completing the Ethics and Professional Integrity in Research course.
- Report Unethical Behavior
- Ethics and Professional Integrity in Research Course
- Continuing Education
- UR Resources
- Additional Resources
- Graduate Studies Bulletin of the University of Rochester
- Graduate Studies at the University of Rochester
The federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), includes important laws and regulations governing health insurance coverage protection and health information security for Americans and their families.
All graduate students are required to complete HIPAA training within 30 days of matriculation in the graduate program. The requirement is met by watching 3 online chapters. When you have finished the training, pick up a HIPAA Training Certification Form from your Graduate Program Coordinator.
Your Departmental Administrator will help you determine what HIPAA training you need to complete.
PREP Trainees receive required HIPAA training during New Hire Orientation.
Postdoctoral Appointees and PREP Trainees
Your Departmental Administrator will help you determine which courses (if any) that you need to complete.
- Medical Center Libraries and Technologies
- Carlson Science and Engineering Library
- Rush Rhees Library
- Other UR Libraries
GEPA Lending Library
The Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs has a small Lending Library available to graduate students, PREP students and postdocs. Items may be checked out for 4-week periods. Stop by our office in G-9556 or contact Lauren Keppler to check an item out.
Medical Center Specific
- Events Calendar for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs
- FaceBook site for Education at the University of Rochester Medical Center
- URMC Scientific Events Calendar
- URMC Today - main news site for the University of Rochester Medical Center
- @Rochester is an electronic newsletter delivered each weekday. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the mailing list.
- Grads@Rochester is a weekly (bi-weekly in summer) version of @Rochester with a focus towards graduate students. E-mail email@example.com to be placed on the mailing list.
- University of Rochester Events Calendar
- The Campus Times - undergraduate focused but quite comprehensive in its coverage of University-related issues.
- Registrar: Linda Lipani
- Location: Medical Center room G-9556
- Phone: 585-275-7288
- Americans with Disabilities Resources
- Center for Student Conflict Management
- College Writing Program
- Learning Assistance Services
- Tutors are available for a number of core courses and can be arranged by your Graduate Program Coordinator and/or by the Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs
- University Intercessors
- University Office of Human Resources
- Blackboard Student Portal
- Computer Locations within the URMC
- Copy Center locations at the University of Rochester
- Shared Resource Laboratories and Facilities provide services to all researchers at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
- The Center for Experiential Learning can help with space scheduling of conference rooms, classrooms and auditoriums as well as media and technology services.
- Offices of Technology Transfer
- University Information Technology
- Computer Stores - online and retail locations in the Medical Center and on the River Campus in Rush Rhees library.
- Site Licenses - certain software is available at reduced cost from University IT
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) is used to access University restricted resources, such as electronic journals, from off campus using a secured connection over the Internet.
A Guide for Graduate Students Preparing for a Defense
A Guide for Graduate Students Preparing for a Defense is a comprehensive guide, written specifically for SMD graduate students. The guide covers everything from before the defense, to the defense itself, to after the defense, providing information about the process, outlining requirements and offering useful tips.
The Preparation of Doctoral Theses: A Manual for Graduate Students
The Preparation of Doctoral Theses: A Manual for Graduate Students is the University-wide guide for thesis preparation prepared by the Office of the University Dean of Graduate Studies.
SMD Guidelines for the Content of a PhD Thesis
These guides are intended to complement, but not supersede, the University of Rochester's Preparation of Doctoral Theses Manual (above).
Graduate Program Handbooks
Check your graduate Program Handbook for program-specific guidelines and tips.