The Refractive Surgery Center
Laser vision correction is the visual event of a lifetime. It can improve your vision and change your life. But your vision is priceless—you need a surgeon and team you can trust. Part of the Flaum Eye Institute at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Dr. Scott MacRae and the Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center team are committed to helping you see better safely.
We research and develop the most advanced technology that makes LASIK safer
and more effective. Dr. MacRae is an internationally recognized expert who teaches hundreds of other surgeons, works closely with the FDA, and is a lead researcher for Bausch & Lomb.
Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center Offers:
- The most advanced diagnostics including Zywave wavefront sensor technology to analyze all of your eyes' optical errors in ways never before possible. Invented at the University of Rochester’s Center for Visual Science, the Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center team understands wavefront sensing as well as anyone in the world—they helped develop the technology.
- As a pioneer in refractive surgery, Dr. Scott MacRae continues to lead the field in the development and use of wavefront sensing. Along with a team of scientists from the University of Rochester’s Center for Visual Science and industry, Dr. MacRae has been working on refractive research to develop ways to detect and treat the most minute optical errors. As part of routine patient care, Dr. MacRae’s team uses the Orbscan corneal analysis system and Zywave wavefront sensor to ensure safety and optimum vision correction.
- The best treatments available by one of the most experienced surgeons
in the world. Dr. Scott MacRae, who has over 25 years of experience and has performed nearly 17,000 refractive surgical procedures, puts patient safety and results first. An internationally known educator and lecturer, he has trained hundreds of surgeons on how to perform laser vision correction. Dr. MacRae is a leading researcher and innovator in the field of laser vision correction and customized ablation. He received the 2003 Lans Award from the American Academy of Ophthalmology. This award was given by an international group of his peers for excellence in the field. Dr. MacRae has also authored the definitive text in customized ablation refractive surgery, Customized Corneal Ablation: The Quest for Super Vision, now in its second edition.
- Seeing is believing. Review the laser results from an FDA clinical trial and find out why the Bausch and Lomb system is the safest and most effective.
- One of the premier laser vision correction facilities
featuring the Technolas Excimer Laser Work Station system the Orbscan Corneal Topographer, the Technolas 217z100 Laser, and an expertly trained technical and patient education staff.