Pediatric Social Worker
Lisa joined Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics in 2013 from within the University of Rochester Medical Center. She has a lot of experience working with families in various aspects of Medical Social Work. She is active in the UR Medicine Social Work Division and has co-chaired the Social Work Student Intern Committee and e-Record Steering Committee.
Lisa is part of the interdisciplinary team and works with providers in the physical and developmental pediatric clinic, the feeding team, and Quality Improvement projects within the division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interacts with families both in clinic and on the telephone
- Talks with families at the time of referral, reviews their needs and concerns, and determines if our services are best suited to meet the child's and family's needs
- Suggests additional community resources or supports for families and advocates for their needs
- Supports families in applying for needed services and facilitates community connections
Patient Care Profile
Lisa's approach to working with families is to listen and offer support. She will work hard to connect families with resources in the community and at the hospital. She will be an advocate for families within Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics.
- Boston University, Bachelor of Science Business Administration
- Boston College, Master of Social Work