Sabrina L. Smith, MPA
Health Equity Coordinator
Sabrina joined Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics in 2018 where she now serves as the Health Equity Coordinator at the Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities, UCEDD. She brings experience in community engagement, project management, and advocacy. Sabrina is currently pursuing a fellowship in health equity at George Washington University.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages health care projects for Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Provides education and training for fellows and students related to health disparities for people with developmental disabilities
- Co-leads diversity, equity and inclusion initiative for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Collaborates with community-based organizations/coalitions on issues that perpetuate health disparities for people with developmental disabilities
- Identifies gaps in resources and services for families impacted by special health care needs
- Advocates at the local and state level for the sustainability of health care programs and outreach for individuals and their families who are impacted by developmental disabilities
Patient Care Profile
Sabrina is committed to improving health care access for all people by creating programs and educational materials informed by the collective wisdom gathered from community stakeholders. She believes that shared-decision making, reflective listening, and strategic planning are the catalyst to community building.
- 2018, State University of New York at the College of Brockport, Master of Public Administration, Health Care Concentration
- 2016, State University of New York at the College of Brockport, B.S. in Health Science (Minor Psychology)