Valerie Smith, M.S.
Community Consultation Program Manager
Valerie joined Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics in 2015 where she now serves as the Community Consultation Program Manager at the Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities, UCEDD. She brings experience in community programming, behavioral skills training, and family-centered planning. Valerie is currently pursuing her board certification in behavior analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages operations of the Community Consultation Program which aims to:
- Build capacity with teams serving individuals with disabilities and translate current research into best practices in school, home, and community settings
- Provide evidence-based support and training to school districts and agencies on inclusive practices and interventions for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and related disabilities
- Collaborates with advocates, families, educators, and providers to identify resource gaps and develop new service offerings
- Delivers community education activities to increase the knowledge of intellectual and developmental disabilities, promote diversity and inclusion, and share resources
Patient Care Profile
Valerie is committed to community engagement, collaborative inclusion efforts, and the delivery of evidence-based interventions. She believes that collaboration between advocates, families, and systems (educational, medical, vocational, recreational, etc.) is vital to effectively serving our communities.
- 2018, Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND), Education Fellow
- 2018, University of Rochester, Master of Science in Human Development, Applied Behavior Analysis Specialty w/ BCBA Coursework
- 2013, SUNY Brockport, B.S. Psychology