Valerie Smith, M.S.
Coordinator, Rochester Regional Center for Autism Spectrum Disorder (RRCASD)
Valerie joined Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics in November 2015, as part of SCDD. Her previous experience includes youth and adult programming, social skills training, and early intervention services for children with ASD. She is currently working towards obtaining her board certification in Applied Behavior Analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance and community education on evidence-based practices in ASD throughout the RRCASD’s 17-county region
- Develops and implements various RRCASD products and activities, including community talks and trainings, newsletters, and information sheets surrounding ASD and related topics
- Collaborates with regional agencies, schools, and community groups to increase knowledge of ASD across the region
- Provides information and referral to families looking for resources and suggests regional supports based on individual and family needs
Patient Care Profile
Valerie’s approach to working with individuals and their families is to ensure that they have all possible information necessary to effectively make informed decisions and access regional resources.
- 2016, University of Rochester, M.S. Human Development and Applied Behavior Analysis
- 2013, SUNY Brockport, B.S. Psychology