Applied Behavior Analysis
Families should contact their insurer to determine if this is a covered service and for recommendations for providers.
Education and Learning
- Back to school transition tool for Fall 2020 - For many, the transition back to school may be complicated by COVID-19. The “Student Snapshot” can be used to capture important information about a student that can be shared with the new school team. The pdfs are fillable or can be printed out. It is suggested that the Snapshot is completed with input from the student, if possible. An English and Spanish version are provided. English Version | Spanish Version
- Daystar for Medically Fragile Children
New York State’s only pediatric day-respite program designed specifically to meet the needs of families with children as young as six months through age five who are coping with serious medical conditions and developmental complexities.
- Early Childhood Direction Center (Binghamton)
- Early Childhood Direction Center (Rochester)
- Early Childhood Direction Center (Syracuse)
- EnCompass Resources for Learning
A not-for-profit organization that provides innovative educational services to students who struggle to learn and to the families, schools and professionals that support them. These services are matched to each student's unique learning style in order to achieve success and enhance lifelong learning.
- Gallaudet University
Provides information on education and interventions for children with deafness.
- Nazareth College Wellness and Rehabilitation Institute
Offers physical therapy, speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, art therapy, kids clubs, a language and literacy clinic, and music therapy. Services are provided by Nazareth students and low cost to families.
- NYS Department of Education
Has info on IEPs, accessing services, and how special education works.
- NYS Early Intervention Program
- NYSED School List
Displays a comprehensive list of schools devoted to various disabilities in New York State. Can be sorted by region or alphabetically.
- Starbridge Inc.
Helps children and adults with learning disabilities, attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD), and other developmental disabilities seek personal success in school, work, relationships, and independent living.
- Wisconsin Public Instruction (WPI)
Provides information on addressing health care needs in educational settings.