Pediatric Psychosocial Team
When a child or teen has cancer, a brain tumor, or a blood disorder, the entire family is affected. The child must cope with painful treatments, frequent hospital visits, missing school, and isolation from friends. Parents must cope with helping their sick child while juggling responsibilities at home and work. Brothers and sisters must cope with worry or fear, while still attending school and other activities.
The Pediatric Psychosocial Team complements the care provided by the medical, surgical, and radiation therapy teams. The team offers a full array of emotional, educational, and social support services to your child and family. These services are provided, at no extra cost, to help you and your family manage the extra stresses you may experience. Our job, together, is to provide the best possible care to our patients and families.
Our Pediatric Psychosocial Team
- Olle Jane Z. Sahler, M.D.
- Jade Giesy, LMSW – Social Worker
- Kimberly Dudrak, PA-C – Inpatient Physician Assistant
- Rosemary Obi, MS, LCAT, MT-BC – Music Therapist
- Jennifer Schaefer, BS, CCLS – Child Life Specialist – General Care-7
- Jared Woodhouse, MS, CCLS – Child Life Specialist – Ambulatory Pediatric Treatment Center
- Michelle Magin – C.U.R.E. Parent Advocate
More About Our Services