- Provides care for those infants and children requiring intensive care and perioperative management.
- Is a NY State designated Level 1 trauma center.
- Is the regional burn center for Upstate New York.
- Provides continuous observation and comprehensive care.
- Is a 12 bed unit located on 6 North in Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- Conducts research activities that center largely on clinical questions related to children with critical illness.
Meet Our PICU Team
Every Member of the Team Makes a Difference
Our compassionate team of doctors, nurses and trained medical staff in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) truly make a difference when a child in your family faces the need for critical care. The pediatric intensivists are board-certified/board-eligible in pediatrics and critical care and have expertise in managing life-threatening conditions. The nurses have additional training and certification in pediatric critical care. The care team members provide the most advanced and complete care for every young patient.
The medical, nursing, and ancillary staff are specifically trained to provide continuous observation and comprehensive care for children with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. The highest level of care is provided by pediatric intensivists working closely with other pediatric subspecialists and surgeons and specially trained nurses.
Who Does What on Your Child's Healthcare Team.