Pediatric Sleep Medicine Services
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
Pediatric Sleep Medicine Services is the only sleep center in the area with specific pediatric expertise in childhood and adolescent sleep disorders. We welcome children with a variety of sleeping issues including:
- Sleep apnea
- Disorders in control of breathing
- Restless leg syndrome
- Periodic limb movement disorder
- Circadian rhythm disorder
- Difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep
- Daytime sleepiness
- Sleepwalking, sleep talking, and sleep terrors
- Other sleep issues
Sleep studies are conducted and interpreted by a team of experienced, fully trained, and board-certified pediatric sleep specialists.
Comfort and Convenience
- To serve the children of this community better, Golisano Children's Hospital Pediatric Sleep Medicine Services is located at 2180 South Clinton Ave.
- Patients are evaluated in a comfortable pediatric-friendly environment, which also includes a separate patient waiting area stocked with "activity centers," toys, and books.
Helpful Sleep Time Hints
Use Your Child's Phone to Help Them Sleep
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that children should be off their phones for 30 minutes before bedtime. Consistent bedtimes are also known to result in better sleep. You can use your child's phone or tablet to improve their sleep using built in parental controls that are easy to use. The following links are step-by-step guides on how to use screen time controls to set a digital bedtime on your child's phone. Helping them to get off their screen and have a better night's sleep.