Sue Gibbs, administrator for EIOH Faculty Affairs, was given a URMC Board Excellence Award for her extraordinary efforts. The annual awards are given to individuals and teams in 13 categories, and were recognized recently at a Board meeting and a celebratory dinner.
“Our honorees demonstrate absolute dedication to delivering on their commitments to integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence,” said URMC Board Chair George Hamlin at the ceremony. The keynote speaker was Dennis Whalen, president, Healthcare Association of New York State.
Sue Gibbs – Eastman Institute for Oral Health
In her role as Administrator for Faculty Affairs, Sue Gibbs embodies the phrase “to go above and beyond.” Her energy, strong work ethic, and uncanny ability to manage the multiple changing priorities of a large division with more than 300 full-time, part-time, and volunteer faculty is truly remarkable.
Sue continuously strives for excellence and has been extremely successful in streamlining processes as well as coordinating and expediting several high-level faculty recruitments. Faculty, students, residents, and staff all count on her and respect her. Nominator Holly Barone, EIOH Chief Administrative Officer, reveals that Sue’s professionalism and skillful manner produce high-level results but she never looks for accolades. Known for her commitment to the Eastman Institute for Oral Health and to a high standard of excellence, Sue possesses natural customer service skills including warmth and compassion.
Other Individual Excellence Awards were presented to:
- Maureen Magee, Manager, Patient Accounts Data Control – Administration
- Aretha Gordon, Outpatient Access Specialist, Orthopaedics at Clinton Crossing – Clerical
- Jessica Biondi, MS, CCLS, Child Life Specialist, Pediatrics – Clinical
- Mark Ott, MS, RN, NEA-BC, Director, Center for Nursing Quality, Safety and Patient Outcomes, Critical Care – Nurse
- Matt Miller, M.D., Medical Director, Perioperative Services, Otolaryngology/OR – Physician
Team Excellence Awards were presented to:
- Neuromedicine ICU Team
- Specialty Pharmacy, Oncology Team
- Radiation Safety Unit Team
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation Team
Robert Joynt Kindness Awards were presented to:
- John Andolina, M.D., Primary Care – Physician
- Elizabeth Mayewski, RN, BSN, Critical Care – Nurse
- Kamaran Moss, Student Patient Safety Assistant, Transplant Unit – Staff
For more information, visit http://sites.mc.rochester.edu/urmc-today/top-stories/150126_2014boardawards/