UR Medicine’s 14th Annual Men’s Health Day will be held on Friday, June 8, 2018. Providers from across UR Medicine will discuss a range of important health topics that will give men the knowledge and tools to better engage in their own health.
The event is sponsored by the Weinberg Family, in memory of Alan S. Weinberg, and will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Locust Hill Country Club, 2000 Jefferson Road in Pittsford.
“Aging is a risk factor for a number of diseases, but it is important to understand that we can manage and prevent problems such as heart disease, stroke, certain cancers, and bone, joint, and muscle conditions by actively taking control of one’s own health,” said Jean Joseph, M.D., M.B.A., chair of the UR Medicine Department of Urology and organizer of the annual event. “Adapting healthy lifestyle choices like eating right and getting exercise, regular visits to the doctor’s office, and staying on top of screenings are all steps that can keep us on the path to healthy aging.”
Speakers and topics at the event include:
- Precision Medicine and Its Impact on Cancer Treatments – Jonathan Friedberg, M.D., M.M.S., Wilmot Cancer Institute
- The Parkinson’s Pandemic – Ray Dorsey, M.D., M.B.A., Neurology
- Depression and Anxiety in Older Adults – Elizabeth Santos, M.D., Psychiatry
- Having a Successful Golf Season with TPI – Sandeep Mannava, M.D., Ph.D., and Clifford Everett, M.D., M.P.H., Orthopaedics
- Oral Health and Orofacial Pain as You Age – Michael Yunker, D.D.S., Eastman Institute for Oral Health
- Screening for Urological Cancers – Thomas Frye, D.O., Urology
For more information, visit: https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/mens-health.aspx