A minimum of three years of postdoctoral training in a general pediatrics residency or a doctoral degree is required. An individual to be trained must be a citizen or non-citizen national of the United States or have been lawfully admitted to the U.S. for permanent residence at the time of the appointment. Non-US Citizens and individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible.
We are participating in the APA's Academic General Pediatrics Match.
How to Apply
- Register for the match: Applicants need to register with the Pediatric Fall Specialties NRMP Match at: https://r3.nrmp.org/viewLoginPage.
- Application Form: Complete the AGP Fellowship Common Application Form (including personal statement)
- Letters of recommendation: Download the Confidential Reference Report and give one to each of your 3 letter writers. This document must accompany each letter of recommendation.
For more information about registering for the match and how to apply for this fellowship visit the Academic Pediatric Association website, or Contact Us.
Selection criteria includes:
- Highly satisfactory residency performance
- Previous research or other creative experiences that are relevant to general pediatrics, health services research, community pediatrics, or other disciplines relevant to the fellowship (e.g., child abuse, hospital medicine)
- United States citizenship
- Career goals consistent with those of our fellowship program
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employment practices are applied in the selection of fellows. A variable number of fellows are admitted to the program annually.
Application materials and questions may be addressed to:
Cynthia M. Rand, MD, MPH
Phone: (585) 275-9316
Fax: (585) 276-1116
Phone: (585) 275-5798
Fax: (585) 276-1116
Program Mailing Address:
Academic General Pediatrics Fellowship Program
University of Rochester Medical Center
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 777
Rochester, NY 14642