Dr. Frantz has been in practice for over 30 years and has a board certified periodontal practice in Lackawanna, Wayne, Pike, and Sullivan counties.
Dr. Frantz has an impressive educational background, sits on a number of national dental boards and is a member of numerous professional societies. Dr. Frantz has authored multiple publications in periodontal literature and has given major presentations to research and clinical meetings.
• Clinical Associate Professor, Dept of Periodontology & Oral Implantology, Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (2010 – Present)
• Clinical Assistant Professor of Dentistry, Dept of Periodontics Eastman Dental Center, School of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (2007-Present)
• Board Examiner, American Board of Periodontology (2006 – Present)
• Periodontal Consultant, Regional Hospital, Dept of Surgery, Scranton, PA (1992 – Present)
• Board Certification, American Board of Periodontology (1993)
• Master’s Degree Dept of Dental Research, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (1985 –1988)
? N.I.H. Trainee, Periodontology Graduate Student, University of Rochester and Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY
? Thesis Title: Tissue Interactions with Dentin Specimens after demineralization Using Tetracycline.
• Periodontal Specialty Certificate, Dept of Periodontology, Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY (1985 – 1987)
• Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, Temple University Doctor of Dental Medicine, Temple University School of Dentistry, Philadelphia, PA (1981 – 1985)
• B.A. (Biology), University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (1977 – 1981)
• Vice President American Academy of Periodontology (2017-2018)
• Chair Finance Committee American Academy of Periodontology (2016-2017)
• Strategic Planning Committee American Academy of Periodontology (2016-2017)
• AAP / ABP Joint Task Force Specialty Recognition (2016-2017)
• AAP Task Force Publishing Partnership (2016-2017)
• Secretary / Treasurer American Academy of Periodontology (2016-2017)