Regional Perinatal Center (RPC)
Strong Memorial Hospital is designated as a New York State Department of Health, Regional Perinatal Center for the New York State Finger Lakes Region.
Regional Perinatal Centers provide the following services:
- Subspecialty care in pediatrics, open heart surgery, pediatric neurosurgery, and genetics
- Maternal and neonatal transport program
- Coordination of regional data collection and analysis among affiliate hospitals
- Facilitation of Regional Perinatal Program
- Assistance to affiliated hospitals on quality improvement activities
- Regional education programs to ensure optimal perinatal care and stabilization
The Center's mission is to provide perinatal care to women and their infants who are determined to be at high risk. As a Regional Perinatal Center, Strong Memorial Hospital offers specialized treatment for women with high-risk pregnancies and has the highest level Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for preterm or sick newborns.
Seventeen community hospitals New York State Finger Lakes Region refer mothers and infants to the Regional Perinatal Center at Strong. In addition to the Finger Lakes Region, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit receives infant transports from five other counties in Upstate New York.