Neuroscience Young Investigator Extramural Seminar
The University of Rochester Neuroscience Young Investigator Extramural Seminar (NEURO YES) is a series designed to elevate and highlight early career investigators while creating a network of scientists committed to conducting research that will increase our understanding of the brain, mind, and body. NEURO YES is hosted by the Neuroscience Diversity Commission, Center for Visual Science, and Brain and Cognitive Sciences Department at the Del Monte Institute for Neuroscience. We are committed to building an inclusive and equitable culture by uplifting underrepresented early career scientists who will help transform the future of science. As part of this mission, speakers from underrepresented populations, as defined by the NIH, will be selected and supported by the Neuroscience Diversity Commission.
This seminar is open to postdoctoral researchers from across the United States regardless of citizenship status.
All selected speakers will present their work, meet one-on-one with UR faculty members, and engage with fellow postdocs and graduate students to share their research and educational experiences.
- Candidates MUST be an advanced postdoc with at least one accepted or in-submission paper from the postdoctoral lab.
- Strongly encouraged
- Candidate demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in the sciences.
- Postdocs from underrepresented populations, as defined by the NIH, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The impacts of environmental inference on human decision-making
Tahra Eissa, PhD
University of Colorado, Boulder
October 27, 2022 4PM
- Shahzad S. Khan, PhD
January 26, 2023 4PM
- Sunday M. Francis, PhD
March 2, 2023 4PM
- Extrinsic control and intrinsic computation in the hippocampal CA1 network
Ipshita Zutshi, PhD
NYU School of Medicine
April 20, 2023 4PM
- Updating Internal Models of Autism
Jean-Paul Noel, PhD
New York University
April 11, 2022 - 3:30 p.m.
Meliora 269, Kresge Room
- Photoreceptor Specification in the Human Eye
Kiara Eldred, PhD
University of Washington
May 18, 2022 - 3:00 p.m.
Rm 2-6408, K207 Auditorium at URMC
For other seminars, visit the CVS postdoc page.
General Seminar Information
- One hour seminar talk (recorded for the postdoc's review/analysis)
- Assigned a faculty mentor to provide career and professional advice before and after the presentation
- Meeting/luncheon with graduate students and fellow postdocs
- Dinner with a small group of faculty
- Travel/lodging expenses provided
- Small honorarium will be awarded
* Itinerary subject to change based on University COVID-19 policies
- Sarah Latchney, PhD* – Assistant Professor, Biology and Neuroscience, St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Monique Mendes, PhD* – Postdoctorate Fellow, Stanford University
- Sara Patterson, PhD – Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Visual Sciences, University of Rochester
- Nathan Smith, PhD* – Incoming Associate Dean of Equity and Inclusion, Associate Professor, Department of Neuroscience, University of Rochester
- Benjamin Suarez-Jimenez, PhD* – Assistant Professor, Department of Neuroscience, University of Rochester
* Del Monte Institute for Neuroscience Diversity Commission Member
For more information contact: NSDiversityInfo@URMC.Rochester.edu
Please write ‘NEURO YES’ in the subject line.