Ruth A. Lawrence Academic Faculty Service Award in Community Service.
From left: Andrew Aligne, M.D., M.P.H., Patrick Brophy, M.D., Department of Pediatrics, Chair.
Dr. Marc Lavender receiving the Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award.
From left: Former Surgeon General David Satcher, M.D., Marc Lavender, M.D., Jackie Dozier of Trillium Health and Dwayne Mahoney of the Boys and Girls Club.
- 2019 - Ruth A. Lawrence Academic Faculty Service Award in Community Service to Andrew Aligne, M.D., M.P.H.
- 2019 - Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award to Marc Lavender, M.D.
- 2016 - Former CARE resident Diana Miller, currently a fellow in pediatric endocrinology, received the Evan Calkins, MD Fellowship for Community Based Research Award from the University at Buffalo School of Medicine, for her project entitled "Reaching outcomes in adolescents with diabetes through home telehealth visits". This is building on her successful CARE project.
- 2016 - CARE resident, Catherine D. Agricola, M.D. received the 2016 Med-Peds Program Directors Association Walter W. Tunnessen, Jr., Award. She is being honored for her advocacy work with the KidsThrive585 CARE project.
- 2016 - Congratulations to Sarah Peyre and colleagues on receiving the AAMC Northeast Group on Educational Affairs Innovations Award in Medical Education. Dr. Lavender and Dr. Aligne were both faculty for the "module day" teaching event, which received the award. They taught first year medical students about 211, Kidsthrive585, and other ways to connect to community-based resources for patients.
- 2015 - PLC and the Hoekelman Center received the Elliott Landsman Head Start Community Volunteer Award from Action for a Better Community (ABC).
- 2014 - Recognized as a Lawrence A. Kohn Senior Teaching Fellow, Marc Lavender, M.D.
- 2013 - Dr. David Satcher Community Health Improvement Award to Andrew Aligne, M.D., M.P.H.
2013 - Saward Award to former Hoekelman
Center Research Assistant, Allison Marsh, M.P.H.
- 2013 - Recognized as a Lawrence A. Kohn Senior Teaching Fellow, Marc Lavender, M.D.
- 2010 - Association of American Medical Colleges, ORR Community Service Award to Geoffrey Collins, M.D.
- 2010 - American Academy of Pediatrics Community Access to Child Health (CATCH) Resident Grant to Geoffrey Collins, M.D. for " Cyclopedia: Empowering Urban Adolescents through Bicycling"
- 2010 - American Academy of Pediatrics Anne E. Dyson Child Advocacy Award to Geoffrey Collins, M.D. for "Cyclopedia: Empowering Urban Adolescents through Bicycling"
- 2006 - American Academy of Pediatrics Resident Section Anne E. Dyson Child Advocacy Award to Kristi Cowell, M.D., Sara Horstmann, M.D., Jennifer Linebarger, M.D. & Philip Meaker, M.D.
"The institution's emphasis on service is integrated into residency training at URMC… The Pediatric Links with the Community Program, a partnership with community-based agencies that serve children and families, is a formal component of the pediatric residency experience that trains new physicians to care and advocate for underserved and high-risk youth and families."
2013 - Dr. David Satcher Community Health
Improvement Award to Andrew Aligne, M.D., M.P.H.
- 2004 - American Association of Medical Colleges Outstanding Community Service Award to University of Rochester Medical Center
- 2004 - American Association of Medical Colleges, Organization of Resident Representatives: Community Service Recognition Award to CARE resident Bridgette Wiefling, M.D.
- 2003 - Drs. Kaczorowski and Shipley - finalists for the Robert Wood Johnson Community Health Leadership Award
- 2001 - American Academy of Pediatrics: National Professional Education Award
- 2000 - American Academy of Pediatrics Resident Section Child Advocacy Award to Jamie Perry, M.D., third year pediatric resident, for the "Steps to a Healthy You" education project with the Boys and Girls Club of Rochester
- 2000 - Ambulatory Pediatric Association: National Outstanding Teaching Award