About Us

Our History

1930-1954

1936

As a memorial to her late sister, Julia Bainerd, Miss Louie Alice Hall donates funds for a maternity building to be constructed, making Highland the first hospital in Rochester to have a separate building exclusively for maternity services.

As a direct descendent of the Board of Lady Managers, the Women's Board of Highland Hospital is formed.

1941

Highland's Women's Board provides support to the war effort by organizing fund raisers and morale booster gatherings.

1951

Highland Hospital's publication, "Highlites," is published for the first time.

1952

Sibley and Ward buildings are demolished to make way for modern structures.

Front parking lot is built to accommodate post-war automobiles.

1954

New Highland Gift Shop opens, to benefit the hospital.

New East Building and Building #1 are erected.

 

Call (585) 473-2200

Highland Hospital
1000 South Avenue
Rochester, NY 14620


Contact Info & Directions