About Us

Our History

1990-1999

1991

A group of Highland employees joins other hospitals from across New York State in Albany to lobby state lawmakers to oppose cuts to Medicaid in the Governor's budget.

1993

To commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Highland Hospital holds "An Evening with Ann Jillian." This began a tradition that continues today and is known as the Breast Cancer Education Awareness Luncheon. The luncheon is held in October.

1995

Highland Hospital and Strong Memorial Hospital begin exploring a long-term relationship. This is the first step toward the creation of an integrated health care delivery system.

The grand opening of The Highlands at Pittsford and Laurelwood completed one of the area's finest facilities for seniors in the region.

Highland announces the opening of the Community OB/GYN Program of Highland Hospital.

Highland Apothecary opens. The full-service pharmacy began servicing the South Wedge community as well as providing service to Highland patients and employees.

1996

A Women's Place for Special Needs opened in Highland's Center for Women, carrying a full range of cancer and maternity supplies.

Highland Hospital signs agreement with World Health Organization to develop an International Network of WHO Collaborating Center for Cancer Education.

1997

Highland becomes affiliated with the Strong Health System.

1998

Highland's Center for Women opens. The ribbon cutting ceremony was led by Congresswoman Louise M. Slaughter, and 100 area community members were in attendance.

The Dialysis Centers of Highland Hospital opens its newest facility, located at 6385 Victor-Macedon Road.

Call (585) 473-2200

Highland Hospital
1000 South Avenue
Rochester, NY 14620


Contact Info & Directions