- Dean's Welcome
- Dean's Office Directory
- Scientific Advisory Committee
- Quick Facts
- About Rochester
- Academic Affairs
Office of Academic Affairs
In general, our mission is to assist the Dean in fostering the individual and collective successes of our faculty. Here are some examples of areas that we are involved with:
- All faculty appointments (including offer letters and new, changed, and re-appointments)
- Promotions and tenure processes
- Faculty conflict of interest management
- Academic leaves (“sabbaticals”)
- Departmental Fellows
- Mentoring awards for faculty, presented annually at Convocation
- Supporting Janine Shapiro, MD, in her roles as Associate Dean for Faculty Development and as Medical Director for Continuing Medical Education
- Assisting Chairs, Center Directors, and other School leaders, and helping recruit for openings in such leadership positions
- Helping represent our School across the University and nationally
We have three experienced staff members in the Office: Cathi Gray, Laura Francz, and Lori McBride. We also work closely with faculty and staff of the School and Medical Center leadership, including Chairs and Center Directors, and many other faculty members across URMC and the University.
Please explore the links on our web site to learn more about our Office and these various procedures and policies. Some of the most-commonly-needed forms available through those links are also provided under “Quick Links & Downloads.” We’d welcome your feedback anytime about this website or how we may serve our faculty and School better.
Jeffrey M. Lyness, MD
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
FAQ's About New Promotions/Tenure Criteria
|SMD Regulations of the Faculty 07/2014||FAQs - Transition to New Promotions/Tenure Criteria|
|FAQs - New Promotions Changes|
Quick Links & Downloads
Jeffrey M. Lyness, M.D.
Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
Promotions at senior faculty levels, Steering Committee.
Lori Ann McBride
Promotions and appointments at junior faculty levels, academic leaves of absence, faculty recruitment forms / job posting, offer letters.
Departmental fellows, voluntary faculty appointments, academic appointment verifications, mentoring awards, Dr. Lyness’ calendar.
601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 706
Rochester, NY 14642