The Pediatric Respiratory Care team at Golisano Children’s Hospital consists of highly trained therapists working closely with physicians, nurses, and other specialists to provide the highest level of care to patients and their families.
We provide care for a full range of patients, from neonates to adolescents, treating multiple disease processes including asthma, cystic fibrosis, congenital heart and lung disease, RSV and others.
Here When You Need Us
When a child in our hospital experiences breathing difficulties due to an injury, surgical procedure or medical condition, we are here to help. Children who are cared for at Golisano Children's Hospital get the extra advantage of having our respiratory experts available to them around the clock. Our respiratory care staff works with departments throughout the hospital and are available whenever patients experience breathing difficulties. Not only does this level of care reduce stress for our children, it also greatly improves outcomes that help them recover.
At Golisano Children's Hospital our Respiratory Therapists are Essential
You will find them:
- Administering respiratory therapies ranging from surfactant delivery to high frequency jet (HFJ) and high frequency oscillator (HFO) ventilation
- Providing critical respiratory needs in the 12-bed PICU, 16-bed PCICU and 68-bed NICU
- Performing essential functions with the neonatal and pediatric transport teams
- Directing wet lab training in high frequency ventilation
- Leading quality improvement initiatives to enhance asthma care, ensure gentle ventilation, avoid unplanned extubation, and promote early extubation and ambulation, among other
- Integrated into our pediatric anesthesiology, emergency medicine, pulmonology, critical care and neonatology teams
- Conducting pulmonary function testing and sleep medicine evaluation
- Educating patients, parents and staff. - Pediatric Tracheostomy & Home Ventilator Program
Pamela L Brown, RRT
Director Respiratory Care
Golisano Children’s Hospital
601 Elmwood Ave, Box 317
Rochester, NY 14642
Phone: (585) 275-3830
Attention Respiratory Therapists!
Join our team of Respiratory Therapists.
View Career Opportunities