Members include University and departmental leadership, faculty, administration staff, alumni, students, and a community leader. The commission believes diversity is essential for excellence in science, and is working on initiatives aimed at addressing issues related to diversity and inclusion in the field of neuroscience.
Del Monte Institute Proclamation
- Build an inclusive and equitable culture.
- Increase the recruitment and retention of minority faculty.
- Increase the recruitment and retention of underrepresented students.
- Build community connections.
To move the priority areas forward, the Diversity Commission is organized in three action areas:
Pathways: Cultivate an open access to neuroscience education and academic career.
Cultural Transformation: Create an inclusive and equitable experience for trainees and faculty.
Community Connections: Build exposure, interest, and access to neuroscience outside of academia.
Nathan A. Smith, PhD
Dept. of Neuroscience
Associate Dean for Equity and Inclusion in Research and Research Education in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
Racha El Husseini, MS
Senior Financial Analyst
Dept. of Urology
John Foxe, PhD
Ex-officio Commission Member
Director Del Monte Institute for Neuroscience
Commission Projects Coordinator
- Katherine Andersh, PhD, Graduate Student Member, 2020 - 2021
- Shraddha Shah, PhD, Trainee Member, 2020 – 2022
- Keshov Sharma, MD, PhD, MSTP Member, 2020 – 2022
- Monique Mendez, PhD, Department of Neuroscience Alumna Member, 2020 – 2022
- Ania Majewska, PhD, Department of Neuroscience, 2020 - 2022