Funding and Housing Information
- A stipend of $647 per week.
- On campus housing is provided for trainees (more information below).
- On campus parking available for trainees.
- NEUROCITY-related activities such as luncheons, group trips, and social activities are provided at no charge to summer trainees.
- Travel funding is provided for students who live outside of the Rochester region
On-campus housing is provided for trainees. Roommate assignments are announced via email in early May (no co-ed assignments). On-campus housing costs are covered by the program. The University provides shuttle bus service for trainees that need weekend transportation.
- A laundry facility is located in the building.
- You will need to bring your own linens
— sheets to fit an extra-long twin bed, a pillow, blanket and towels.
- There is NO summer meal plan offered for non-UR students. Each floor in the dorm has a kitchen that includes a Micro/fridge (microwave and compact refrigerator combo); however, dishes or any other utensils are not provided. You may want to bring a plates, bowls, cups, silverware, and basic cooking items such as a pots and pans.
- The dorms are not air conditioned; you may want to bring or buy a fan.
- Smoking and pets are not permitted in any of the University’s housing facilities. The University of Rochester Medical Center is a Smoke Free environment. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on Medical Center grounds, including parking lots.
- University Transportation Services provides campus shuttle bus service, at no charge, for students through the city of Rochester Transit Service. A University ID is required to ride these shuttles; one is provided to summer trainees as part of the program.
- The Goergen Athletic Center, which features an 11,000-square-foot fitness/weight facility, is available for summer student use.
Recommended Summer Housing Items to Bring
- Bed linens are NOT provided. Bring sheets to fit an extra-long twin bed, a pillow, blanket, and towels.
- There is NO summer meal plan offered for non-UR students. Each floor in the dorm has a kitchen; however, they will not contain dishes or any other utensils. You may want to bring a plates, bowls, cups, silverware, and basic cooking items such as a pots and pans.
- Each participant in need of Summer Housing will have a micro/fridge (microwave and compact refrigerator combo) in their assigned room.
- Rochester’s summer weather fluctuates between the 60s and 90s, so bring clothing suitable for both warmer and cooler temperatures. Packing an umbrella is a good idea.
- Unfortunately, the dorm is NOT air-conditioned so you need to bring or buy a fan if needed.
- NO pets are allowed in the dorm.
If you cannot bring some of these items with you, don’t worry! Grocery stores, Wegmans, Target and Wal-Mart are located within a short drive or shuttle bus ride from the dorm.
The following links provide information that should be helpful to you as you prepare for the summer. Please review this information carefully! Feel free to contact us if you have questions or concerns.