The Department of Pediatrics provides financial support for each fellow to present at one national conference as this contributes to their professional development and hones their presentation and networking skills. Since accreditation, 100% of our fellows have presented at national meetings and a large portion go on to publish their research findings during their training or within one year of graduation.
Meghan Brunswick, M.D.
- Can a prediction model for gastrostomy tube placement be used at a second institution for prediction of any supplement feeding tube in the preterm infant?
Research Mentors: Julie Riccio, M.D., Rita Dadiz, D.O., Michelle DiRaddo, R.N., Rita Ryan, M.D., Megan Gabel, M.D., Nishaben Patel, M.D.
Nathan "Zev Minkoff, M.D.
Ayesha Baig, M.D.
Imdad Ullah, M.B.B.S.
Gracielle Bahia, D.O.
Albert Chan, M.D.
- Fecal S100A12 levels in children with inflammatory bowel disease
Research Mentors: Kirsi Jarvinen-Seppo, M.D., Ph.D., Danielle Marino, M.D., Marilyn Brown, M.D., Nishaben Patel, M.D., Rebecca Abell, D.O., Thomas Rossi, M.D.
Walaa Elfar, M.B.Ch.B.
Mariana Middelhof, M.D.
- Intravenous Omega-3 Fatty Acid Emulsion (OmegavenTM) in Parenteral Nutrition Related Liver Disease and Long-term Outcome on Retinopathy of Prematurity and Neurodevelopment.
Research Mentors: Patricia R. Chess, M.D., Sanjiv B. Amin, M.B.B.S., Marilyn Brown. M.D., Prita Mohanty, M.D., Lori H. Scholer, C.D.N.
Vibha Sood, M.B.B.S.
Matthew Shields, M.D.
- Effects of exercise on cytokine levels in children with Crohn's disease
Research Mentors: Mary T. Caserta, M.D., Deborah J. Fowell, Ph.D., Karen M. Mustian, Ph.D., M.P.H., Lawrence J. Saubermann, M.D., Marilyn Brown, M.D.
Prita H. Mohanty, M.D.
- Prevalence of celiac antibodies in children with autism spectrum disorders
Research Mentors: Susan L. Hyman, M.D., Marilyn R. Brown, M.D., Tristram H. Smith, Ph.D.
- Evaluation of the esophageal microbiome and tight junctions in the development of eosinophilic esophagitis
Research Mentors: Lawrence J. Saubermann, M.D., Lisa A. Beck, M.D., Marilyn R. Brown, M.D., Steven R. Gill, Ph.D.
Osama F. Almadhoun, M.D.
- Positive IgA tissue transglutaminase antibody titers with normal histology, is that false positive or potential Celiac?
Research Mentors: Philip J. Katzman, M.D., David I. Yule, Ph.D., Thomas M. Rossi, M.D., Marilyn R. Brown, M.D.
Megan E. Gabel, M.D.
Megan E. Gabel, M.D.
Husam S. Mallah, M.D.
- Monocyte cytokine responses as a possible differentiation and activity marker in IBD in children; Duration of pancreatic enzyme elevation in acute pancreatitis
Research Mentors: Yi-Horng Lee, M.D., Lawrence J. Saubermann, M.D., Marilyn R. Brown, M.D.