- Academic Core Curriculum provides formal training in statistical methods and research design, academic writing, community resources, and educating the educator
- Completion of the American Heart Association/American Academy of Pediatrics, Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), as a provider and instructor
- Ethics in Research Course
- Self-study: Strong Memorial Hospital Mandatory In-service including items such as: emergency page codes; electrical, fire, and radiation safety; disaster preparedness; infection control; patient rights, health care proxy, and DNR orders; confidentiality; interpreter services; incident reporting; organ donation, business ethics and service standards; sexual harassment and diversity
- Self-study: Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Self-study: Human Subject Protection Program (HSPP) required by the Office for Human Subjects Protection and Research Subjects Review Board
- Where appropriate for laboratory investigations, the OSHA-required Laboratory Safety Training Program is provided and the University Committee on Animals Resources (UCAR) provides coursework including orientation to Animal Resource.