Golisano Children's Hospital is like a small community, complete with:
Comfortable Waiting Areas
- Main lobby of Golisano Children's Hospital, which is located at the main entrance on Crittenden Blvd.
- Ronald McDonald Family Room, located through the rear of the Golisano Children's Hospital looby, provides cozy lounge seating
- A child-friendly waiting room in the Mildred Levine Pediatric Surgical Suite on the 4th floor for families of surgical patients.
- A quiet family waiting room on the 6th floor for patients in the PICU and Pediatric Cardiac Care Center
Food and Coffee
- Full-menu dining services are available daily in Cafe 601 near the RED elevators on the first floor of the hospital.
- Wilmot Cafe, offering light breakfast and lunch items, located in the hallway leading to the Wilmot Cancer Institute
- Ronald McDonald Family Room, located through the rear of the main lobby, offers free coffee and snacks throughout the day
- Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters has two locations on the first floor; one in the main lobby and one just down the hall from the Friends of Strong Family Waiting Room, near the Green Elevator
House and Public Phones
- Both house phones and pay phones are available at many locations throughout Golisano Children's Hospital and Strong Memorial Hospital.
- The Friends of Strong Gift Shop is located on the first floor off the main lobby just behind the information desk. Gifts, card, cut flowers and baby items are among the selection. Online ordering is available through their site.
- The Barnes and Noble Bookstore at the School of Medicine and Dentistry is located in College Town on Mt. Hope Avenue.
- Free drop-in babysitting is offered at the Sibling Clubhouse on the 1st floor, through the rear of the lobby. Babysitting is available Monday through Friday - up to 3 hours per day - for siblings ages 18 months to 12 years.
Laundry & Showers
- Visit the Ronald McDonald Family Room, located on the 1st floor, through the rear of the lobby. Stop in for access to the free laundry and shower facilities.
- The Mucci Family Resource Library, located in the 1st floor lobby, offers medical information and books for children and teens. Stop in and use our computer workstations and free printer/scanner/fax/copy services for your insurance and medical paperwork.
- Chase Manhattan Bank ATM on the first floor near the Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters - just to the north of the GREEN elevators (follow the green ceiling tags)
- Chase Manhattan Bank ATM on the first floor near the SILVER elevators, on the Crittenden side of the hospital
- Two Chase Manhattan Bank ATMs on the ground floor
- Chase Manhattan Bank (Medical Center Branch) is located on the ground floor near the Medical Center post office.
On-site Post Office and Other Mailing Services
- A full-service post office is located on the ground floor (G-5122) of the Hospital. Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. There are two stamp machines located in the post office.