Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
Strong Memorial Hospital
601 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14642
Open 24 hours, including University Holidays
The Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy's roots are deep and our expertise is unrivaled in the Rochester community. Approximately 12,000 prescriptions are filled here every month.
Complementing our main pharmacy in the Strong Memorial Hospital Main Lobby, we have numerous satellite pharmacies to serve and advise the specialized needs of patients in the Infectious Disease unit, the Wilmot Cancer Center and pharmacies to serve employees of the University of Rochester.
Who Can Get Their Prescriptions Filled?
Because of Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy's non-profit status, it is licensed to only serve:
- Patients in care at Strong Memorial Hospital and those following discharge after receiving outpatient care
- Patients in outpatient clinics administered by University of Rochester Medical Center
- Employees, retirees, and volunteers of URMC
- University of Rochester students
The Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy is conveniently located on the ground floor of Strong Memorial Hospital, just off of the Main Lobby and around the corner from the Gift Shop. The pharmacy is centrally located and provides:
- Prescription services
- Over-the-counter medications and products
- Healthcare products
- Expert medication counseling
- Disposal of Household Sharps
- Medication compounding for eligible patients
- Personal medication consultations with a certified pharmacist (two who are bilingual in English and Spanish) are available during business in a non-stressful environment
- Ordering prescriptions online (delivery and mail service is available on request)
- Investigative drug services
- Pharmacokinetic services
- Pharmacy services in the Infectious Disease Unit
Use our automated, 24/7 prescription refill telephone line by calling (585) 275-4931. Delivery and mail service is available upon request.
The Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy has 8 pharmacists and 15 technicians. We have two bilingual (English/Spanish) pharmacists on staff for personal consultations.
Cutting-edge Scientific Research
Being on the leading edge of modern medicine and research sometimes requires unique pharmaceutical requirements. The specialized medication compounding of certain drugs is accomplished right at the hospital in our inpatient pharmacy. Because of our investment in sophisticated pharmaceutical procedures, including compounding to match our physician's own specifications, we deliver the best service for hospital outpatient population's medication-based needs for today and in the future.