- Fundamental concepts of growth and development are studied together with basic human biology as it relates to the development of the craniofacial complex in terms of skeletal, soft tissue, and dento-alveolar structures.
- A multidisciplinary approach lays a foundation for evidence-based analysis and treatment planning.
- Residents are exposed to the diagnosis and treatment of congenital birth defects in the craniofacial region. Since 1955, treating patients with birth defects has been a cornerstone of the Eastman Dental curriculum and the clinical experience.
- Residents learn to communicate with and assist other disciplines in the area.
- Students are encouraged to attend national meetings.
See Orthodontics Course Listing