Amy Mills receives coordinator excellence award at the ACGME Annual Educational Conference.
The GME Program Coordinator Excellence Award is given to program coordinators in recognition of their in-depth understanding of the accreditation process, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and projects to improve residency programs.
The recipients of this year’s GME Program Coordinator Excellence Award are:
- Amy Mills, C-TAGME; University of Rochester Medical Center; Rochester, New York (Surgery)
- Jennifer Cardone, C-TAGME; Columbia University Medical Center; New York, New York (Anesthesiology)
- Kelli A. Corning; University of Washington; Seattle, Washington (Internal Medicine)
- Martina DiNapoli Dahill; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center; Boston, Massachusetts (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Diane Kovacev; Harvard Medical School; Boston, Massachusetts (Dermatology)
Brett W. Robbins, M.D. receives The Parker J. Palmer Courage to Teach Award
The Parker J. Palmer Courage to Teach Award is given to program directors who have fostered innovation and improvement in their residency programs and served as exemplary role models for residents.
The recipients of this year’s Courage to Teach Award are:
- David Della-Giustina, MD, FACEP; Yale University; New Haven, Connecticut (Program Director for Emergency Medicine)
- Sima Desai, MD; Oregon Health & Science University; Portland, Oregon (Program Director for Internal Medicine)
- Douglas Fredrick, MD; Stanford Health Care; Palo Alto, California (Program Director for Ophthalmology)
- Lyell K. Jones Jr., MD; Mayo Clinic; Rochester, Minnesota (Program Director for Neurology)
- Sandra A. Moutsios, MD; Vanderbilt University Medical Center; Nashville, Tennessee (Program Director for Internal Medicine and Pediatrics)
- Brett W. Robbins, MD; University of Rochester; Rochester, New York (Program Director for Internal Medicine and Pediatrics)
- Bradford G. Scott, MD; Baylor College of Medicine; Houston, Texas (Program Director for Surgery)
- Douglas S. Smink, MD, MPH; Brigham and Women's Hospital; Boston, Massachusetts (Program Director for Surgery)
- Cindy Wigg, MD; University of Texas Medical Branch; Galveston, Texas (Program Director for Psychiatry)
See More about the Awards on the ACGME Website More details on the Debra L. Dooley GME Program Coordinator Excellence Award