Critical Care Fellow Alum Bob Pranaat, M.D,
Program Director Kunal Panda, M.D.
The fellowship in Critical Care Medicine is open to candidates with a background in Anesthesiology. The one-year fellowship is based in the intensive care units of Strong Memorial Hospital and Highland Hospital. The fellow is exposed to a multidisciplinary environment and a combined educational program with Medicine and Surgery, and includes multiple role models in critical care. The fellowship is accredited by the ACGME and fulfills the requirements for subspecialty board in all the patient boards.
The mission of our program is to provide state of the art training and clinical experience in a multidisciplinary academic environment so that fellows can achieve competence in patient care, knowledge, practice based learning and improvement, interpersonal and communication skills and systems based practice in the field of Critical Care Medicine. This mission aligns with the University of Rochester motto, "Meliora," which means "ever better" in preparing anesthesiologists to become expert consultant Critical Care anesthesiologists in both academic and private practice settings, as well as participate in patient safety systems in Western New York and throughout the nation.
- Faculty with diverse interests in critical care: trauma, burns, heart transplant, liver transplant, neurological and prehospital critical care
- Graduates of our program become leaders and run ICUs nationally
- Leading Center in ARDS and ventilator research
- Exposure to a diverse patient population with a mixed urban and rural population
- Fellows participate in academic projects in both basic and clinical research
Our Program Aims to:
- Provide high quality fellow education in Critical Care Medicine (Anesthesiology) through patient care, faculty moderated flipped classroom didactics, and in depth training so that trainees are well rounded in a multitude of skills to further their careers
- Graduate fellows who are able to provide excellent patient care in a multidisciplinary setting in Critical Medicine in either a private practice or academic setting.
- Ensure that all fellows will be fully trained and eligible for certification in Critical Care Medicine.
About Our Director