Interventional Radiology Residency Program
Dr. Devang Butani
Welcome to the Interventional Radiology – Integrated Program at the University of Rochester
The Department of Imaging Sciences at the University of Rochester Medical Center encompasses outstanding education, research, and clinical excellence in a leading academic health sciences institution. Our faculty are nationally recognized authorities in their respective fields. Our clinical programs are primarily conducted at the University of Rochester Medical Center—Strong Memorial Hospital. This tertiary care center houses Golisano Children's Hospital at Strong, the James P. Wilmot Cancer Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and specialized referral services. Additional services are provided at Highland Hospital and two outpatient facilities: University Medical Imaging and PET-CT Center at Science Park. Ambulatory sites throughout the community and remote sites in the area are accessible by teleradiology.
- Our residency program is highly competitive, attracting medical students from across the United States. Most of our residents pursue fellowship subspecialty training. The volume and diversity of our cases in conjunction with a dedication to teaching excellence provides our residents with the necessary training to equally pursue careers in academic medicine or private practice.
- Our clinical and research fellowships are equally outstanding. Subspecialty fellowship training is available in interventional radiology, neuroradiology, emergency radiology, pediatric radiology, musculoskeletal radiology, and body imaging.
- The Interventional Radiology section at University of Rochester Medical Center has a 40 year history of education, innovation and research in IR.
- Many of our past trainees practice at prestigious organizations and thriving private and academic institutions around the USA.
- Some recent examples include programs at Mallinckrodt, Michigan, Chicago, Stanford, University of California, Duke and of course, our own programs at University of Rochester.
- We currently offer 2 fellowship positions with the last graduates in June 2019, and 2 DR/IR integrated residency positions starting in 2017.
- Applications for the 2018 DR/IR Integrated Program will be accepted, through ERAS, in the fall of 2016.
We are a medium sized city in Upstate New York, located between Buffalo and Syracuse, along the shores of Lake Ontario. We serve Western New York from Syracuse to Buffalo, down to Northern Pennsylvania. The University of Rochester Medical Center, over 700 beds, with the free-standing Golisano Children’s Hospital and the Wilmot Cancer Center, offers training programs in virtually all specialties. It is also the largest employer in Rochester, New York.