How to Apply to a Certificate Program
Application Requirements by Program
The application is open August 1 - May 1 annually. Review the Application Timeline to ensure your application and all supporting materials are submitted prior to the deadline. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Applicants must have earned a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of acceptable standing. Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor's degrees are awarded before they matriculate. Evidence of the earned degree is required prior to matriculation in the form of an official transcript noting degree conferral.
Application Requirements for Certificate Programs
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please note that the University of Rochester reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all transcripts and to require submission of official documentation at any point in the admissions review process.
- The application is open August 1 - May 1 annually. Here is a link to the Online application.
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application.
Please do not mail a hard copy at this time.
- Official TOEFL (institution code: 2948), IELTS, or DuoLingo English Language Test Scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English.
- CV or resume
- Payment of the $60.00 application fee
- Research papers, publications and other original works may also be submitted for consideration, but are not required.
It is expected that all application materials be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please do not include secondary school documentation, financial documentation, etc., as these are not utilized during the admissions process.