How To Apply
Master's degree program applicants may submit only one application per admissions year but may request to transfer an application to a different program at any point in the application process.
Application Requirements by Program
Applicants must have earned a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of acceptable standing. Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor's degrees are awarded before they matriculate. Evidence of the earned degree is required prior to matriculation in the form of an official transcript noting degree conferral.
Application Requirements for Masters Degree Programs
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please note that the University of Rochester reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all transcripts and test scores, and to require submission of official documentation at any point in the admissions review process.
- Create an online application account
- SMD Graduate Admissions Application
- SOPHAS application (Public Health Sciences Master's programs only: Clinical Investigation, Epidemiology, Health Services Research and Policy, Public Health)
- For MS Genetic Counseling applicants only: Applicants are also required to separately register with the Genetic Counseling Admissions Match through National Matching Services (NMS). For complete application details and instructions for this program, please visit the program's application page.
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application.
Please do not mail a hard copy at this time.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency. Applicants are required to provide official scores that are within 2 years of the original test date. Official TOEFL (SMD school code: 2948, SOPHAS application code: 5688) or IELTS Scores.
The following programs require a writing sample: Epidemiology and Health Services Research and Policy. Otherwise, research papers, publications and other original works, as well as resumes and CVs may also be submitted for consideration, but are not required.
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please do not include secondary school documentation, financial documentation, etc., as these are not utilized during the admissions process.
Master's Program Application Timeline
For Admission to Fall Semester
- By January 5 - Complete application due for MS Genetic Counseling
- By May 1 - Complete application due for select masters programs. See chart
- By June 15 - Complete application due for select masters programs. See chart
- May-June 30 - Offer of admission notices mailed
- By July 1 - Responses due for offers of admission
- August - Fall semester begins
For Admission to Spring Semester
- By November 1 - Complete application due
- November-December 1 - Offer of admission notices mailed
- By December 15 - Responses due for offers of admission
- January 13 - Spring semester begins
Second-Year 20-minute Literature Reviews: “Asparagine starvation suppresses histone demethylation through iron depletion”
Pharmacology Master's Student in the Laboratory of Dr. Romeo Blanc
Thu, Dec 14 @ 2:00 PM
MC | K-207, 2-6408