Application to the Master in Public Health Program is encouraged from persons with a special interest or experience in the health field, from those in health-related professions, and from persons with professional degrees in medicine and other fields related to health care. Candidates for admission to the program must have earned a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, with the exception of University of Rochester students applying to the 3-2 program.
Application Requirements for Masters Degree Programs
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please note that the University of Rochester reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all transcripts and test scores, and to require submission of official documentation at any point in the admissions review process.
- Create an online application account
- SOPHAS application (Public Health Sciences Master's programs only: Clinical Investigation, Epidemiology, Health Services Research and Policy, Public Health)
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application.
Please do not mail a hard copy at this time.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
It is up to each individual Master’s Program to decide if they want to receive GRE scores. Please check the Master’s Program you wish to apply. If required, send Official GRE Scores using the SMD school code: 2948 and SOPHAS application code: 4247
Scans of official score reports for GREs taken within 5 years of the original test date will be accepted. Offers of admission are contingent on receipt of final official test score.
- Official TOEFL (SMD school code: 2948, SOPHAS application code: 5688) or IELTS Scores
For applicants whose native language is not English.
The following programs require a writing sample: Epidemiology and Health Services Research and Policy. Otherwise, research papers, publications and other original works, as well as resumes and CVs may also be submitted for consideration, but are not required.
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please do not include secondary school documentation, financial documentation, etc., as these are not utilized during the admissions process.
For Admission to Fall Semester
- By December 15th - Complete application due
- After December 15th - applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until January 1, at each program’s discretion
- December - January - Interviews scheduled
- February - Interviews held at University of Rochester Medical Center
- February-March - Offer of admission notices mailed after interviews
- By April 15 - Responses due for offer of admission
- July - Online application opens
- September - Fall semester begins