How To Apply
Select the Master's program to which you will apply.
Master's degree program applicants may submit only one application per admissions year but may request to transfer an application to a different program at any point in the application process.
Applicants must have earned a U.S. baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a college, university, or technical school of acceptable standing. Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor's degrees are awarded before they matriculate. Evidence of the earned degree is required prior to matriculation in the form of an official transcript noting degree conferral.
Application Requirements for Degree Programs
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please note that the University of Rochester reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all transcripts and test scores, and to require submission of official documentation at any point in the admissions review process.
- The online application is now open. (recommended browser is google chrome)
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application.
Please do not mail a hard copy at this time.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Scores (institution code: 2948)
- Official TOEFL (institution code: 2948) or IELTS Scores
For applicants whose native language is not English.
- Payment of the $60.00 application fee
- The following programs require a writing sample: Clinical Investigation, Epidemiology, Health Services Research and Policy, Medical Humanities, Public Health. Otherwise, research papers, publications and other original works, as well as resumes and CVs may also be submitted for consideration, but are not required.
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please do not include secondary school documentation, financial documentation, etc., as these are not utilized during the admissions process.
Master's Program Application Timeline
For Admission to Fall Semester
By May 1 - Complete application due
May-June 1 - Offer of admission notices mailed
By July 1 - Responses due for offers of admission
September - Fall semester begins
For Admission to Spring Semester
By November 1 - Complete application due
November-December 1 - Offer of admission notices mailed
By December 15 - Responses due for offers of admission
January - Spring semester begins