Application to the Master in Public Health Program is encouraged from persons with a special interest or experience in the health field, from those in health-related professions, and from persons with professional degrees in medicine and other fields related to health care. Candidates for admission to the program must have earned a baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent, with the exception of University of Rochester students applying to the 3-2 program.
Application Requirements for Degree Programs
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please note that the University of Rochester reserves the right to verify the accuracy of all transcripts and test scores, and to require submission of official documentation at any point in the admissions review process.
- The online application is now open. (recommended browser is google chrome)
- Statement of Purpose
- Uploaded copy of transcript(s) to online application.
Please do not mail a hard copy at this time.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Official GRE Scores (institution code: 2948)
- Official TOEFL (institution code: 2948) or IELTS Scores
For applicants whose native language is not English.
- Payment of the $60.00 application fee
- The following programs require a writing sample: Clinical Investigation, Epidemiology, Health Services Research and Policy, Medical Humanities, Public Health. Otherwise, research papers, publications and other original works, as well as resumes and CVs may also be submitted for consideration, but are not required.
It is expected that all application materials (with the exception of official score reports) be scanned and uploaded to your online application. Please do not include secondary school documentation, financial documentation, etc., as these are not utilized during the admissions process.