2018 Interview Weekend (January 18-20, February 8-10)
Travel by Air | Travel by Bus | Travel by Car | Travel by Train | Hotel Information | Hotel Shuttle Information | Cost and Other Information | In Case of Delays or Difficulties | Interview Weekend 2017 Photos
Travel by Air
- If you are traveling by air, your flight will be arranged by the University's travel agency, Town and Country Travel. The agency will be notified by the Graduate Program Coordinator that you will be calling in to book your flight to Rochester.
- The Hilton Garden Inn provides a complimentary hotel shuttle service when you call (585) 424-4404 if your arrival in Rochester is before 11:00pm. Pick-up time is based upon your flight arrival time. The Hotel monitors guest flights and if there is a delay, pick-up time will be adjusted. If a flight delay results in arrival into Rochester after 11:00pm, you will utilize taxi service, or a ride share service (e.g. Uber, Lyft) from the Airport and obtain a payment receipt for reimbursement.
Travel by Bus
- Please book your bus ticket via Greyhound.com Once you’ve received an electronic ticket confirmation, please email a copy to Haerreem Hyun .
- Upon arrival at the Rochester Greyhound Station (186 Cumberland Street, Rochester, NY 14604), locate a taxi outside the entrance or call Checker Cab at (585) 325-2460. Ride share services are also available (e.g. Uber, Lyft). Please be sure to obtain a payment receipt for reimbursement.
Travel by Car
- Please plan to arrive at the Hilton Garden Inn on Thursday by 6:00pm in order to join your fellow applicants at the Welcome Grazing Reception (6:00pm to 8:00pm). Aside from being a lot of fun, reception will be a great opportunity to mingle with your fellow applicants, graduate students, faculty and staff! The following link will assist you in mapping your travel route to the Hilton Garden Inn. Complimentary parking is available at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Travel by Train
- Please book your train ticket via Amtrak.com. Once you’ve received an electronic ticket confirmation, please email a copy to Haerreem Hyun.
- Upon arrival at the Amtrak Station (320 Central Avenue, Rochester, NY 14605 ), locate a taxi outside the entrance or call Checker Cab at (585) 325-2460. Ride share services are also available (e.g. Uber, Lyft). Please be sure to obtain a payment receipt for reimbursement.
Unless you live locally, a room will be reserved for you at:
The Hilton Garden Inn | 30 Celebration Dr. | Rochester, NY 14620 | (585) 424-4404
If you require any special accommodations, please contact the Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs at (585) 275-4522. We will be happy to make arrangements for you.
Transportation will be provided by the University to and from the Hilton Garden Inn and the Medical Center throughout your weekend in Rochester.
Cost and Other Information
- The University of Rochester will cover the cost of PhD program applicant's travel and hotel accommodations, and while in Rochester, your meals and program activities. Covered costs include tickets/mileage/tolls, baggage fees, hotel room and program meals. Itemized receipts are required for all reimbursements by the University of Rochester.
- Master's program applicants: please confirm with your Program Coordinator what expenses, if any, are eligible for reimbursement.
- Please note that upon check-in, the Hilton Garden Inn will ask you for a credit card to which incidentals (e.g. movies, long distance phone calls, and room service) can be charged, for which you are responsible.
- You will receive an information folder at the Welcome Reception, which will include a copy of your interview schedule.
- Dress code for interview weekend is business casual. Please wear comfortable shoes as you can expect to do a lot of walking.
In Case of Delays or Difficulties
While you are traveling to Rochester, please keep in touch with us if you are delayed, or if you have any difficulty in your travels.
- Between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday, please contact the Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs office at (585) 275-4522.
- After 5:00pm, please contact Ben Lovell at (516) 554-1576 if you need to alert us of a delay or if you need assistance.
- Biomedical Engineering applicants should contact Donna Porcelli at (585) 275-3891 if you are delayed, or if you have any difficulty in your travels.