Interested in Applying?
Applicants interested in physician scientist training in the University of Rochester MSTP should apply through the American Medical College Application System. If selected for an interview, applicants will receive an invitation with several date options and instructions to access the applicant interview portal. For the 2023-24 application cycle, all applicant interviews will be conducted virtually.
MD-PhD Application Timeline
- AMCAS application opens: May preceding the year of expected entry
- Applicants interviewed: September–January
- Final decisions sent to applicants: December–March
- Applicants Second-Look (visit Rochester once you have received your Offer of Acceptance): March–May
- MD-PhD programs start: August
Requirements for Admission
- Satisfy SMD prerequisites
- Demonstrable research experience
- Strong background and interest in medicine and biomedical science
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency status
- Competitive academic record and MCAT