View LASIK Video
The following video depicts an actual LASIK procedure performed by Dr. Scott MacRae and the Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center team in our refractive surgery offices.
- Before surgery, our patient educator will review each step of the procedure, ensuring that you know all that is going to happen and what to expect.
- Keep in mind that though the procedure may only take a few minutes per eye, you are in our office for 1½ hours total. This video is shortened for web use.
- Patients are offered a mild sedative before entering the procedure room. The sedative is intended to help patients relax and remain focused while in the procedure room.
- The people you see in this video are all members of the Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center team. With each procedure, the room is staffed by Dr. MacRae, our surgeon, and two of our refractive surgery technicians.
Satisfaction is Our Focus
Offering the most thorough LASIK evaluation available, we complete a series of 27 different tests on your eyes and vision. To make sure you are a good candidate for LASIK, we double, triple, and sometimes quadruple check your eyes and vision with our diagnostic instruments including: Three computerized pupil size measurements, corneal topography with the Bausch & Lomb Orbscan Corneal Analysis System, two corneal thickness measurements, and wavefront analysis with the Zywave Wavefront Sensor.
What to Look For in a Laser Surgery Center
- Results. Precision and individual care drive the excellent results at Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center. Read more information about Dr. MacRae's Outcomes and find out why the Technolas Excimer Laser Workstation, when in highly experienced hands, achieves the best results.
- Expertise. When surgeons need advice, they call Dr. MacRae. As a respected leader in LASIK and customized ablation, Dr. MacRae trains and lectures around the world—teaching other surgeons how to use the latest technology that he has helped to develop.
- Safety. Physicians throughout the country trust Dr. MacRae’s evaluation process and consult with him on a daily basis. Patients spend hours with the Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center team to determine whether or not LASIK is the right choice. We offer the highest level of care available to keeping your eyes healthy and safe. The doctors at Flaum Eye Institute Refractive Surgery Center tell upwards of 20% of patients presenting to them not to have refractive surgery or to wait for newer technologies.
- Dedication. Dr. MacRae is the only surgeon in the area who's practice is solely dedicated to LASIK and the development of refractive surgery. Our team of doctors and technicians are vision correction specialists—that’s all they do.