200 East River Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Monday–Friday 8 a.m.−5 p.m.
We provide a Comprehensive Feeding Program with a transdisciplinary team in Psychology, Nutrition and Speech Pathology. Your child’s needs will be assessed by any individual or combination of services, as needed.
We see children through a range of ages and abilities. Please review the list of feeding related concerns below. The list is not all inclusive, if you have a concern not listed please contact us.
- Not eating enough foods or enough variety of foods
- Not drinking enough liquids, or the appropriate liquids
- Reliance on tube feeds or formula/breast feeding past age expected limits
- Weight loss or malnutrition or poor nutrition
- Inappropriate calorie intake - Unable to meet calorie needs (e.g. Cystic fibrosis) or TOO MUCH calorie intake
- Comprehensive dietary analysis, assist with supplementation including formula and calorie needs
- Food allergies/reactivity that has interfered with feeds
- GI concerns that interfere with feed
- Coughing and choking and gagging with eating and drinking
- Evaluation of swallowing concerns
- History of aspiration or pneumonia or breathing issues related to feeding
- Difficulty with feeding and swallowing safety and efficiency
- Failure to advance textures and modalities
- Food selectivity: only eating certain brands or kinds of foods
- Disruptive mealtime behaviors and food refusal
- Difficulty advancing to solid foods
- Anxiety surrounding trying new foods, especially with children with allergic food reactions or choking incidents