The Orthopaedic Oncology Division provides comprehensive care to patients of all ages with benign and malignant bone and soft (connective) tissue tumors.
The Orthopaedic Oncology Difference
- We are the only center in the Rochester, NY nine-county region with fellowship-trained orthopaedic oncologists. Since bone and soft tissue cancers are thankfully rare, it's critical that highly trained specialists manage them.
- By working side-by-side with surgeons specializing in many areas of orthopaedics, we treat tumors of bone and soft tissues at any body site.
- Our surgeons offer the latest limb-sparing and reconstruction surgical procedures.
- Our mid-level providers have extensive training and specialized team experience in caring for our patients.
- We co-manage care with the area’s most highly trained and experienced radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, pediatric oncologists and plastic surgeons through the James P. Wilmot Cancer Institute.
- We are committed to a total patient and compassionate approach to care. This means swift diagnosis, detailed education about options and what to expect, and attention to a patient's social and psychological needs throughout treatment and recovery.
Related Links: The URMC Center for Bone Health