Resident wellness and work-life balance is important to us! In addition to wellness initiatives specific to the Pediatric Residency Program and efforts to continually improve each rotation and the overall work environment, residents have access to the University’s Wellness Programs.
University Wellness Resources
- Well-U: Health and wellness program designed to inspire employees to engage in healthy habits within their work environment.
- URMC Fitness: Designed specifically for the University of Rochester community, the center includes weightlifting and cardio equipment, fitness classes, and recreational sports.
- Behavioral Health Partners: Mental health service offering confidential, evidence-based treatment including psychotherapy and medication management. (585-276-6900)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Professional and confidential guidance provided at no cost for employees and their immediate family members to help assess issues and provide short-term counseling and referral as needed. (585-475-0432)
- Mindful Practice: Achieve greater awareness and insight into one’s own work
- GME Trainee Benefits Table: Summary of benefits available to trainees
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Offers annual health assessments, monitoring of working conditions, and illness/injury care to employees.
- Strong Stars: Institutional recognition for extraordinary effort
Benefits and Total Rewards: Explore benefits, extra incentives, perks for working here such as employee discounts, disability resources, and more.
Online Wellness Interventions