Resident wellness and work-life balance is important to us! In addition to wellness initiatives specific to the Pediatric Residency Program, residents have access to the University’s Wellness Programs.
University Wellness Resources
- Well-U: Health and wellness program designed to inspire employees to engage in healthy habits within their work environment.
- URMC Fitness and Wellness Center: 24-hour health club designed specifically for the University of Rochester community. Services include fitness classes, personal training, massage therapy, sports programs, and laundry and dry cleaning.
- Behavioral Health Partners: Mental health service offering confidential, short-term, evidence-based treatment for stress, anxiety, and depression. (585-276-6900)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Professional and confidential guidance provided at no cost for employees and their immediate family members to help assess issues and provide short-term counseling and referral as needed. (585-475-0432)
- Chaplaincy Services: Specific to Pediatrics, Maurice Hopkins is our pediatric chaplain who meets with all interns during orientation, facilitates debriefs, and serves as a resource to our residents’ personal wellness.
- Mindful Practice: Achieve greater awareness and insight into one’s own work
- GME Trainee Benefits Table: Summary of benefits available to trainees
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine: Offers preventive care, monitoring of working conditions, and illness/injury care to employees.
- Strong Stars: Institutional recognition for extraordinary effort
Benefits and Total Rewards: Explore benefits, extra incentives, perks for working here such as employee discounts, disability resources, and more.
Online Wellness Interventions