UR Employee Pharmacy
Medical Center, 1st Floor
(near University Health Services by Orange Elevators)
256 Crittenden Blvd, 14620
Free Delivery Service
Delivery Request Form
Phone: (585) 276-3900
Fax: (585) 276-2600
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Closed for University Holidays
601 Elmwood Ave, Box 617
Rochester, NY 14642
The University of Rochester Employee Pharmacy is dedicated exclusively to UR employees, volunteers, non-Medicare eligible retirees, and eligible dependents. The pharmacy features potential savings for employees and their families who are enrolled in University Health Care Plans.
- Up to 25% discount on copayments for employees on University health insurance plans
- 90-day fulfillment of maintenance medications
- Free delivery service for off-site employees
Savings on Prescription Medications
We offer employees, non-Medicare eligible retirees, and eligible dependents covered under a University sponsored health care plan up to a 25 percent discount on copayments for prescriptions filled here. (Medicare-eligible retirees enrolled in the University Complementary Care Plan with Major Medical, or the Preferred Care Gold HMO-POS with University Major Medical, receive a discount off the usual out-of-pocket cost prior to reaching the deductible, and then a 25 percent reduction in coinsurance once the deductible has been met.)
Eligibility for savings on your prescriptions is dependent on the health plan you have with the University:
- University employees enrolled in the YOUR PPO Plan or the YOUR HSA-Eligible Plan will enjoy a discount off the out-of-pocket cost of each medicine.
- University employees enrolled in the YOUR HSA-Eligible Health Care Plan will receive a discount off the usual out-of-pocket cost of each medicine (prior to reaching their deductible) and then a 25%reduction in copayment once their deductible has been met.
- Retirees enrolled in Preferred Gold HMO with University Major Medical, University Complementary Care Plan with Major Medical, or the University Stand-Alone Major Medical Plan will receive a discount off the usual out-of-pocket cost of their prescriptions prior to reaching their prescription deductible and then a reduction in coinsurance once their deductible has been met
Pick-up and Delivery Services for Off-site Employees
Picking up a prescription: If you’re swinging by from offsite, the pharmacy boasts four convenient parking spots in the nearby Whipple Circle (off Crittenden Boulevard; if you’re using a GPS unit, input 256 Crittenden Blvd, 14620; or click here for Google Maps) reserved for employees and retirees retrieving medicines.
Free delivery service: The pharmacy is staffed to deliver medicines to most University off-site locations within Monroe County via the University courier service. We request that you order medications by 1 p.m. for next-business-day delivery. Just fill out our secure online delivery request form to begin the process. We will then send a secure payment link to your University email to process payment with your credit card or flexible spending debit card. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to accept cash or check when using the delivery service.
Transferring Your Prescriptions
To begin transferring your existing prescriptions to the employee pharmacy, complete the transfer form and patient information form (you may bring forms to the secure drop box located outside the new pharmacy, or fax them directly to 276-2600). To refill a prescription or speak with a pharmacy staff member, call 276-3900.