UR Medicine Primary Care – Artemis Health
Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
2561 Lac De Ville Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14618
Phone: (585) 244-7330
Fax: (585) 244-6958
Our practice is designed for women ages 14+ and is centered on caring, lasting relationships with patients and their families. We are dedicated to safeguarding and enhancing the health and well-being of our patients by providing comprehensive health care services for women in a nurturing environment, characterized by mutual respect and understanding.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
UR Medicine Primary Care – Artemis Health provides 24-hour telephone coverage for emergencies and urgent problems.
If you have an emergency/urgent problem after regular office hours, please call us and you will be connected to the answering service.
The answering service will ask for information about your medical problem, take your phone number, and have the doctor call you back.
- Routine physical exams and health screenings
- Sick visits
- Treatment and management of chronic diseases (such as diabetes and high blood pressure)
- Same day appointments
- Well woman care and routine GYN exams
- Contraception and family planning
- Immunizations and flu shots
- Prescribing medication and refills
- Allergy shots by appointment
We see patients by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment by calling during office hours. If you wish more than one patient to be seen, please specify this when you call so enough time can be scheduled for each visit.
We understand that you can't plan when you'll get sick, so we try to keep our appointment times flexible to meet your needs. We will try to schedule a sick appointment on the same day that you call.
Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please know that you will receive personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please call at least 24 hours in advance. That will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
First Time Patients
- Please arrive 15 minutes early from your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork.
- To save time, fill out our new patient forms and bring them with you.
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office.
- If your insurance company requires you to notify them when you change doctors, please call them with the name of your new primary care doctor.
What to Bring
- Your medical and drug insurance cards.
- A list of your current medications (with dosages), including any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months.
- Any forms that need to be completed.
Please allow 24 hours for all prescription refills. Call your pharmacy and ask them transmit the refill request to us electronically or fax the request to us at (585) 244-7330. The pharmacy will provide us with all the information needed to refill your prescription.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room and have the hospital notify our office or the physician on call.
Most insurance plans require prior approval of all emergency room visits. Please call our office before obtaining these services.
If you require hospitalization, we admit patients to UR Medicine Hospitals, including Strong Memorial and Highland Hospitals. We have partnered with the Hospitalist Service at both hospitals. Any child that requires hospitalization is referred to UR Medicine’s Golisano Children's Hospital.
Co-payments should be made at the time of your visit. You may pay with cash, personal check or credit card, or you can pay your hospital or physician bill online at Online Bill Pay.
If you have questions about your account, please contact Strong Memorial Hospital Patient Accounts at (585) 758-7650, Monday - Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
We accept most types of insurance including Excellus Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Preferred Care, Aetna, Medicare, Medicaid as well as others.
Please notify our office if your insurance coverage changes. Bring your insurance card with you to your appointment; we will need the new information printed on your insurance card.
We are committed to providing excellent health care for everyone. Financial hardships should never stop you from getting the medical care you need. We offer financial assistance to individuals who are unable to pay medical bills. If you feel you need help, please call our customer service staff at (585) 758-7650 or out of area toll free 1-888-925-4301.